Monday, November 5, 2007

The Lone Star Nation of Texas

I travelled to the great nation of Texas this past weekend. Flew out of Birmingham, into Houston, then to Dallas Love Field on Thursday night. Then a straight shot back to B-ham on Saturday. I think my new favorite airport (since I have such a wide ranging repertoire to choose from!) is Houston Hobby Airport. They have a Pappas Burger restaurant, a Pappasito's food stand, and a lot of other restaurants. Small enough to be cozy and not hard to get around--and not too big.

I got to see family and friends over the weekend--it was really nice. Got to see mom, dad, Jana, and Jake the dog, along with lots of other family, youth, and friends. It was so good to see you all. We just hung out, for the most part; and I made a few quick trips around town. I saw the Hamilton Bulldogs defeat one of their rivals, the Clifton Cubs, in one of the greatest high school games I have ever seen. It was awesome. We had a goal-line stand as time expired. So much drama. And I got to see some of my former youth get the victory. Now they have to win this week and get a little help to make it into the playoffs.

Was very nice. On the way back to the airport, we stopped at Sundance Square in downtown Fort Worth. Got to see our old stomping grounds and ate at one of our favorite FW restaurants--Uno Pizzeria. Mmmm. Sauceless pizza. I also got some good beef brisket during my TX stay. I cannot tell you how much I have missed that beef brisket goodness--thank you, Texas, thank you for beef brisket drowned in sauce.

Lauren is in the midst of what seems to be a horribly, extremely (any other adjectives?) difficult take-home test. She worked all weekend while I was away in the nation of Texas. She registered for her spring classes today--has the exact same schedule as this semester, just different classes. So that is great. She did not have class today-so she was able to stay at home all day, working.


--be

No comments: