Sunday, March 29, 2009

Spring Break

We went to 'Bama for Spring Break-into the northeast mountains-with mom and dad.
We stopped by the Alabama (music group) museum to see the sights and sounds. Well, there weren't too many sights, though there were some good sounds. Not something I would drive to if I was a long ways away-but something you need to go to if you are in the area. I'm glad we did it. Above is Lauren, dad, Randy Owens, and the gang.

Me, mom, and the boys.
The museum.
This is the view out the back of our cabin in the mountains. Really cool.
The cabin.
Mom and dad, somewhere. By the Little River Canyon, possibly.
Lauren and I at the same not-sure place.

Little River Canyon . . . well if you turn around it is. This is looking upstream.
There it is-the falls. Amazing-I think we put up some pics a couple of years ago--it was basically bone-dry then. Amazing what was some rain can do.
Looking downstream.

This is the gorge the river makes. It was a really long ways down and really beautiful.
The southernmost ski resort in the U.S.A. I kid you not. Yeah, they had to make that snow. I think we have pics from there a couple of years ago, too. This is something I want to come do next year. The skiing is really, really cheap there-the only way I would ever do it. Of course you don't get a whole lot there--this is pretty much it. But still, it's cheap skiing. Lauren would make fun of me-but still, I want to do it.
Falls just outside of Desoto State Park. Again-there wasn't much flowing a couple of years ago.

This is the Hapeville Chick-Fil-A Dwarf House in the Atlanta suburb of Hapeville, close to the airport. This is the first Chick-Fil-A ever.
A good trip . . . as Prudence Jones would say in the newspaper, "A good time was had by all."

No comments: