Monday, July 30, 2007

8:00, 7:00 central

How many times have you heard that a TV show is coming on at, "8:00, 7:00 central." I have just always blocked the first time off and listened for the central time zone. Not so anymore--we had dinner at the coolest little restaurant in downtown tonight (I most def. had one of the best cheesesteaks in my life--nowhere close to a Waffle House cheesesteak, but still). A baseball game was on and it flashed something across the screen about something coming on TV at 1:30 a.m. eastern. My first thought was that meant 12:30 (central)--but no more, my friends--we do not have to subtract an hour anymore!

We felt like real Southerners today--the first Waffle House dining experience for us since the move. Martha (Lauren's mom) came in today. She had never ate at one--so, of course, we had to take her to one--in Pell City, Alabama, on the way back from the airport.

I am pretty sure that we are in a magical place--the exit we take off of I-20 coming back from the airport has a Waffle House on BOTH sides of the interstate. You have got to be kidding me.


--be

7 comments:

Folks said...

humm
Brenda

Jana and Kyle Keese said...

hmmmm...what about chicken express, exactly how far are you from that??

Brian Edwards said...

there is on the other side of atlanta--prob. about 2 hrs. from here. there is a zaxby's here--kind of like chicken e. not the same--but it is good. they have zaxby's sauce!

D Herrod said...

We have found getting used to the news being at 11 is strange. -- DH

Brian Edwards said...

11:00 news will be too late for me!

D Herrod said...

My husband, Nate, & I were discussing the differences between Chicken Express & Zaxby's. One of the biggest differances for us is that Chicken Express, or at least the ones we went to in Fort Worth have Dublin D.P. in the fountain. Zaxby's has that other stuff.

Brian Edwards said...

ha.