Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Ready or Not, Here We Come

Today is Tuesday, July 10. 9:55 p.m. In three days, I leave Fort Worth for good--for a weekend of preparing for Mission:Penitas (mission trip with FBC Hamilton, TX Youth Ministry), then the week of Mission:Penitas, then my last day at FBC/ordination service, then, depending upon when the movers get there, heading eastbound on I-20.

Lauren will be around FW for another week, finishing things up, saying goodbyes, etc. She will meet me in Hamilton next weekend; and we will go from there.

We are excited and nervous. Sad and happy. Ready to go and sad to leave TX behind. Ready or not, Georgia, here we come. I look forward to getting settled in Georgia, beginning work with a new youth ministry, getting Lauren settled into traveling into Atlanta. A new beginning. A new start. Yet it's the same ol' Lauren & Brian. Good things ahead.

My friend, Jeremy Johnston, and I traveled to Archer City today to a gynormous used bookstore--run by Larry McMurtry. Got my picture taken with him. If I knew how to upload pictures on this thing, I would share it with you. But alas, I am not nearly smart enough to do so.

So, until next time . . . onward and upward!


--Brian

No comments: