Thursday, August 23, 2007

Alan Jackson

Well, Kay Mayo--I went to your old stompin' grounds today. Our Happiness Group at the church (Senior Adult group) took a trip to Newnan this afternoon (22 miles south of Carrollton)-so I decided to tag along. We went over there to eat at a fish place--Catfish Hollow. While there, I got the chance to eat some more of the Georgia staple, cheese grits. Man, those are great. They can't be that difficult to make-and they're so good to eat. Grits and cheese--you can't go wrong.

On the way to Newnan, we crossed the Chattahoochee River. Where have you heard that before? That's right-an Alan Jackson song. Jackson is from Newnan--yep, "Way down yonder on the Chattahoochee, never knew how much that muddy water went to me." I heard that toobing and floating down the river is big on the Chattahoochee.

We actually did not get to get into Newnan, which I hope to do soon--I heard there is a really cool street of old homes and a great barbeque place (Sprayberry's, I think is what it's called). We took the bypass around town and went through a bunch of strip malls and new development out by the interstate.

I also heard about another city I need to go see--Peachtree City--not far from Newnan. I heard that they will not let people drive cars inside the city--only golf carts. You gotta be kiddin' me. I got to check that out.

Lauren is heading for North Carolina tomorrow to see her friend, Sarah, for the weekend, before school gets too heavy. I am sure you will get to see awesome pictures from that.


--be

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Well your mom gave me a heads up on this one so I'm just now reading it. Glad you got to visit the Newnan area. You don't want to miss 4th of July in Franklin. It's just west of Newnan & sits right on the Chattahouchi. The fireworks display that they have is the best I've ever seen. You can bring a blanket and just lay back on the banks of the river and take it all in! I'm so glad you are getting to see that part of the country. It's beautiful!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Brian Edwards said...

Thanks for the idea. Hope all is well with you, Kay Mayo.

--be