Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Citizenship, Pollution, Humidity, Red Lights

Well I guess we're officially Georgians now. We have changed our license plates and unpacked our last box. Feels like a home now. We hope to post pictures of our loft, all moved in, soon--so that you can see where we live (if you care; you may not, in which case, just ignore the pictures).

The pollution in the air seems to be going down a bit. We are beginning to see real clouds again in the sky--for like the first time in a week. Felt like we were living in a bubble of haze. Even seemed a bit cooler tonight when we ran on our new trails. Maybe I just wanted it to be cooler--but either way, it did feel cooler.

People here in Georgia seem to think that we are used to this kind of heat. They always comment about how the temperatures are warmer in Texas. They just do not realize that there is like no humidity at all compared to what there is in the air out here. Unreal, my friends, unreal.

We have probably already mentioned this a time or two . . . but the red lights here in Carrollton last like, forever. I can feel my whiskers growing sitting at some of these things. Not really sure I understand why they are so lengthy--but they make a point of traffic lights all around town lasting an incredible length of time.


--be

1 comment:

Folks said...

I'll agree the red lights stink. I think you should go to the Georgia Dept. of Trans. and get that changed. You Georgians are wasting your lives away sitting on your butts listening to the radio.

Dad