Monday, September 10, 2007

Been a Few Days

Well, it has been a few days since we have posted anything. So, just thought I would let you know that we are still kickin', still living life in this foreign land . . . then again, maybe it is not all that foreign.

We took in our first Carrollton Trojan football game this past Friday. It was crazy--now that reminded us of Texas High School Football. Packed crowd. Even had our first boiled peanuts at the game. Will have to agree with someone who told us that night--why mess with someone that is already good? Can't say I liked it too much--it was a little sweeter than a normal peanut--but it was very wet and weird. We helped root the Carrollton Trojans on to their 2-0 record.

Had me some good barbeque on Friday--went to play golf in Bremen, 10 minutes north of Carrollton. Shot the best round since I have been here, which does not say much, then went and ate pork and beef barbeque at Bilbo's. Man, it was good. That might have been the first beef barbeque I have had seen since I have been here. They definitely miss out on one of God's greatest creations--beef brisket.

I was happy to find the Texas Longhorns playing on TV Saturday night. I rooted them on from Georgia. Then, got to see America's Team win one somehow last night. All in all, a great weekend--all of my teams won, might not have all been pretty, but they won. Found out that we will get at least half of the Cowboys games on TV this year-maybe more-so that is definitely a good thing.


--be

4 comments:

Folks said...

Life sounds good in Georgia, I may have to retire and move out. Golf every week, football, baseball, barbque,seafood it doesn't get much better. Live it up while you can.

jde

Folks said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Milton said...

Interesting blog. I just moved from Texas back to Georgia (where I grew up). I was there at the Central game, and waited out the lighting because my nephew plays in the band. The BIG game is Oct 26: Central vs Carrollton. But before the game you'll want to go to Atlanta, and get some chili dogs, onion rings, Frosted Orange, and a fried pie from The Varsity.

Brian Edwards said...

Thanks for the note, Milton. I went back and heard the Central band this past week. Yes, The Varsity is awesome! We love it. Where in TX were you?