Monday, September 17, 2007

Tour Championship

Yeah, that's right. I got to go to the PGA Tour Championship this past weekend-at East Lake Golf Club in Atlanta. It was quite cool. Tiger came by and chatted with me. Okay, maybe not--but I did get to see him and all of his friends. The greens really were as bad as they said they were--the heat out here must have really cooked them. There were bad spots all over; and they were pretty rough.

The course is in a really interesting neighborhood--you can tell it is an older neighborhood. It was once a pretty rough part of town; but apparently a lot of money has been put into it and it is renovated and really cool. The course is pretty cool. Pretty short. The rough was really short. Makes Colonial look like a long course, or at least the holes I saw.

The crowd was really big for Tiger--I was in a pack about seven or eight deep (I was right behind someone). Other spots around me were about twenty-deep. Good grief. Besides Tiger and Phil's followings, the crowds were not too terribly bad. Saw Ernie Els take 5 strokes to get down from about 100 yards. I guess even the good ones have rough spots--makes me feel better about life.

Lauren is really busy right now--she has like 84 papers and 22 tests today and tomorrow. Okay, so maybe not that bad--but she has a ton going on. I think she will be glad once tomorrow night gets here--she has a big test tomorrow. While I was at the Tour Championship, she was at the school, studying.

My Univ. of Texas Longhorns almost let me down on Saturday--almost got beat by the Univ. of Central Florida. Good grief. I think lots of people here understand and respect our love for Texas football--a number of people said something to me about the Longhorns barely getting by Sunday at church. Lots of the teams around here have been getting beat and upset. But 'Bama is still winning, somehow. I guess it takes $4 million a year and Nick Saban--but they have found a way to win a few games. Go Cowboys--they're still undefeated. More than I can say for the local pro team around here--the Falcons--they just plain stink.


--be

No comments: